If you have misaligned teeth, you probably feel conscious about your smile. You are not alone. The good news is orthodontic care is not just for teens and kids. As an adult, you can still get a straight smile with braces. While there are a number of options, including metal braces, Invisalign stands out. The first step is to check with an experienced orthodontist to discuss Invisalign in Morrisville, NC. In this post, we look at critical details that need attention.
- Invisalign requires discipline: Invisalign treatment involves using custom trays that are removable. While this means you can enjoy your favorite means and keep up dental hygiene, the treatment can also take time. You may need to wear the aligners for 18 months and up to 22 hours each day. Your orthodontist will discuss these details, but remember that Invisalign requires discipline.
- Invisalign has benefits over braces: As mentioned, the trays used in Invisalign treatment can be removed, eliminating concerns related to brushing and flossing typical for metal braces. You don’t have to see your orthodontist as often, and the trays don’t hurt. You may have mild discomfort as you start with the first set of aligners, but there is no pain involved. Conventional braces can poke, which is not the case with Invisalign.
- Invisalign is more expensive: Every few weeks, your orthodontist will give you a new set of trays to help get your teeth in the right positions. Because a series of aligners are required, Invisalign is costly, especially if you compare it with braces. Check your insurance plan to know if the coverage can help. Also, many clinics have easy payment plans that can help cover the expenses.
- Losing your aligners is not a concern: If you have broken or lost trays, do not panic. Call your dental clinic, and the staff will fix an appointment for an exam. You may need to repeat X-rays and scans, following which the orthodontist will order new aligners from the lab.
- Invisalign is not for everyone: Invisalign is for adults, but it can only fix mild to moderate concerns. You may still need braces if you have an extreme case of orthodontic issues. Your dentist will explain the best ways you can straighten your smile; in some cases, you can switch to clear aligners after the first stage of treatment.
Call an orthodontic clinic in Morrisville now to get an appointment.